What you can expect from us
Well, to begin with, there are seven basic essentials that, if we are going to work together, we need to get out in the open.
Here they are:
Our business is built upon the following seven key principles:
- Integrity - Doing the right thing, even if no-one is looking.
- Honesty - Conducting our business in a totally honest and professional manner and expecting the same in return from our clients.
- Reliability - Being there for you when it's convenient for YOU, not necessarily for us. You are the reason why we are in business, we never forget that.
- Value For Money - Providing a high quality service that adds tremendous value to you.
- Responsibility - Taking full responsibility for our actions and being fully accountable to you, our client.
- Diligence - To keep on keeping on, even against the odds, to provide you with what you need to make a success of your business.
- Client Service - We believe that the reward for a job well done is the opportunity to do more. You should expect nothing less from us than first class service.
You can expect to be treated with courtesy and respect in all your dealings with all of our people, on every occasion you come into contact with us.
You can expect us to work hard on your behalf. Whether it be a tax appeal with Canada Revenue Agency or a request for an extension to your overdraft or line of credit with your Bank, for a couple of examples, we will be there right by your side every step of the way.
You can expect us to see the funny side of things. We're in a serious business, and that needs a few moments of light relief from time to time. For that reason, we usually pick new team members with a sense of humour.
What we expect of you
When you become a client of ours, you also take on certain obligations and expectations - yes, it really is a two-way street.
For example, while we return your calls to us as soon as possible, we also expect our calls to you to be returned within a reasonable period of time. The same can be said for emails too.
We also expect that the lines of communication will be kept open and that you will involve us in certain decision-making processes throughout the life of your business.
We also expect that our terms and conditions of doing business - a copy of which is provided to all new clients in our welcome pack - will be adhered to by you at all times. That includes payment terms - fees are due on presentation, delivery of your accounting records to our office on a timely basis and the delivery of your tax return within a reasonable time line during tax season (not the day before the filing deadline!).